The overall direction of the school is set by the Governing Body. We are responsible for everything that happens or should happen in the school.
- We have ideas: The ethos, philosophy and vision.
- We oversee all aspects of school life.
- We help with individual problems.
The governing body
This is made up of the following:
- Six parent governors, elected by the parents. Each registered parent or carer is entitled to vote in a secret ballot at the school.
- Three staff governors, of whom one must be a teacher and one must be support staff elected by the staff.
- Four local authority governors nominated by Southwark council.
- Four co-opted or community governors, chosen by the governing body.
- One head teacher.
Each governor, apart from the head teacher, is appointed for a period of four years. We elect a chair and a vice chair each autumn term to serve for the next year. We meet as a whole governing body once or twice in each term. We have a range of sub-committees, which also meet once or twice a term and are able to discuss particular issues in more detail. The minutes of these meetings can be downloaded from the website.